MWJDS has immediate openings for the following positions:
MetroWest Jewish Day School is a safe and nurturing environment where children learn and grow to their fullest potential. At MWJDS, each child’s education is an individual experience with equal emphasis on their own accomplishments and their engagement within the community. The key to our success is a first class general studies education within the context of Jewish values and culture
The ideal development coordinator candidate would have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience in administration, development and/or event planning. Take the lead on specific projects determined in conjunction with rest of the team. A self-starter who is detail oriented, motivated, organized, possesses excellent interpersonal and writing skills, has experience in volunteer management, is a team player, can take the lead on specific projects in conjunction with the rest of the team, has a strong commitment to the Jewish community and is comfortable working in a school environment. Experience in using Donor Perfect or other fundraising software systems is a plus.
- Oversee and maintain Donor Perfect database including all donor files and correspondence, enter all donations and pledges, generate in honor of and in memory of cards, prepare report in honor/memory for weekly news blast
- Specific project-related tasks include creating spreadsheets based on database exports, and analyzing various data with high degree of accuracy
- Major support role in the coordination of the school’s major Gala fundraiser. This would involve working in partnership with lay leadership to oversee event planning, community engagement, production of promotional materials, ticket sales, ad book, all other event details, and attend Gala planning meetings.
- Coordinate components of Annual Campaign to include direct mail, phone-a-thons, acknowledgements, and tribute gifts
- Act as liaison for special development and/or community events
- Stewardship activities of major donors – birthday cards, specialized reports, etc.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time and meet deadlines
- All activities will be coordinated with the Director of Development/Head of School
- Attend all administrative and staff meetings
- Assist in report card and parent conference process
- Supervise drop-off and dismissal procedures with other administrators
- Other administrative and school support responsibilities as needed
- Familiarity of design and social media
- Proofread school newsletter and other print materials with administrative staff
- Print school photos, assemble posters & bulletin boards as needed
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Institutional Advancement
MetroWest Jewish Day School (MWJDS) is a pluralistic school in Framingham, Massachusetts serving students from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Students travel from suburbs west of Boston to attend this community school which reflects a broad range of Jewish practice and observance. The school, founded in 2001, is reorganizing the leadership structure from a traditional Head of School model to a dual leadership model including an Director of Institutional Advancement (described below) and a Director of Education. Both leaders report directly to the MWJDS Board of Directors.
- Develop and implement a strategic plan for growth and financial sustainability (including applying for grant funding and fundraising).
- Lead recruitment efforts and promote school to parents of prospective students.
- Manage all business-related activity (including design and overseeing the budget in consultation with Board Officers).
- Hire and supervise administrative staff.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education on student retention, and strengthening community partnerships.
- Stewardship of donors and community leaders.
- Mobilize volunteers and coordinate volunteer initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Accomplished leader and manager.
- Fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated skills working with multiple constituencies including professionals, lay community and Boards of non-profit organizations.
- Strategic thinker, executive presence, and ability to move the agenda
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player and collaborator
- Managerial skills
The successful candidate will be driven to excel, passionate about education, and compassionate toward others, and have high integrity and a sense of humor.
A competitive compensation package of salary and benefits will be offered. Interested persons should direct inquiries and send curriculum vitae and names and contact information for three (3) references to: MWJDS Director of Institutional Advancement Search Committee (email@example.com).
Metrowest Jewish Day School (MWJDS), a pluralistic community day school, seeks a teacher of Creative Expression for our students in grades K-8. At MWJDS, Creative Expression emphasizes music and includes dance and drama. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and talented team player who is invested in developing strong mentoring relationships with students and collaborative relationships with colleagues. Knowledge of Jewish life and Hebrew is helpful. MWJDS is committed to differentiated instruction and supporting the optimal growth of each child. Creative expression and 21st Century technology and technical literacy are woven throughout our curriculum.
This is a part-time position. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Positions available for individuals with experience in early elementary education with strengths in literacy and math. Comfort in Judaics required; able to serve as a role model in our diverse community. Must be flexible, fun, and a team player. Additionally, candidates must be focused on childrens’ ranges of learning styles and committed to education as a profession.
Substitute teacher positions are available on an as-needed basis. Applicants need experience working with early elementary age children. Knowledge of Hebrew and Jewish customs a plus. Please call our office at 508-620-5554 or email your resume to email@example.com.